View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I'd take a TT any day. Excellent and well deserved rep for QOC and durability. The latest Exmarks just keep getting cheaper in both looks and quality IMO.

I'm not a fan of Exmarks. They might cut nice under good to ideal conditions, but not in the wet and that's not good enough for many of us. I get to see their clumping on an almost daily basis because several crews here run them to do some large commercial accounts and some county accounts that are huge and require almost daily mowing to cover them all in one week. All these accounts get daily irrigation. There's no denying they clump in wet conditions worse than about any other brand. I cut right next to several of these accounts (where these guys are using a mix of both older and brand new Exmarks) on properties that are also irrigated and have nice turf, and when the grass is wet on my lots right next to where they are cutting, I don't get any clumping with my 7 Iron while they do.

From the sounds of it, you don't own a new Exmark. I will say though, that the 7 iron leaves a real nice cut but doesn't stripe well. My first four years in business I used (bought new) kubota zg222 and I loved it! This year i added a new 2012 Exmark Lazer Z x series with the 34 hp Kohler. This machine is anything but cheap. They put a lot of research into this unit. It only weight ~110 more than my zg222 and it has a 60'' deck vs my kubota's 48''. The ride is great, the cut is awesome. I've used it in all conditions. I'm not that great of a price haggler so i think i was taken a little in price, $13k with a dump from seat bagger, ocdc, and stripping kit.

I think your remarks are a bit ignorant, but who knows.

to the OP. I've never used a Scag, but as i mentioned above the new Exmark is fantastic. I spoke with my dealer who recently returned from a three day Exmark tour of the facilities and convention. He went on and on about how much RR they put into their machines. Bottom line is i reallly like my New Lazer z X series.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 7 queries