Thread: Scag Mowers
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
The only thing I didn't not like about the tiger at is how stiff the controls felt to me... Idk maybe it was just me but that and a couple of other things
I couldnt agree more about the controls. I went from exmark to scag and there was definetly a big difference but here is a little info I can share. First off, you will get used to that in no time. Atleast I did. And this is the big kicker for me. The transition of power to the drive tires is so much more smooth because you cant just yank the controls back which in turn KEEPS YOU FROM SPINNING so much when turning around. Not that I did it much with the exmark but in a damp yard it was very easy to do with the exmark and I noticed with the stiffer controls on the scag the power transition engaged slower and I didnt have this problem AS MUCH. Hell I still do it every once in a while.

There is nothing wrong with exmark mowers especially in treated yards with light weeds, and the big one which is NO MOISTURE!. I mow a few treated banks and honestly I think that the exmarks left a better cut there but those yards were the only ones that looked even close to as good but In my area you hardly ever get anyone to treat and fert........

Page generated in 0.03908 seconds with 7 queries