View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
From the sounds of it, you don't own a new Exmark. I will say though, that the 7 iron leaves a real nice cut but doesn't stripe well. My first four years in business I used (bought new) kubota zg222 and I loved it! This year i added a new 2012 Exmark Lazer Z x series with the 34 hp Kohler. This machine is anything but cheap. They put a lot of research into this unit. It only weight ~110 more than my zg222 and it has a 60'' deck vs my kubota's 48''. The ride is great, the cut is awesome. I've used it in all conditions. I'm not that great of a price haggler so i think i was taken a little in price, $13k with a dump from seat bagger, ocdc, and stripping kit.

I think your remarks are a bit ignorant, but who knows.

to the OP. I've never used a Scag, but as i mentioned above the new Exmark is fantastic. I spoke with my dealer who recently returned from a three day Exmark tour of the facilities and convention. He went on and on about how much RR they put into their machines. Bottom line is i reallly like my New Lazer z X series.
My remarks are far from ignorant. Tractors and mowers are one of my hobbies, not just the way I make money. I study them and do as much testing as the local dealers will allow or provide me. I understand you own a newer machine and might feel the need to defend your choice (which is just human nature, and we all do it at times). This is Exmark country here, and most all LCO's run them. I have heard the same complaint about the Lazer becoming cheaper looking and build quality going down from many of them from over the last couple seasons, especially at the local dealer openhouses in the spring.

I didn't say they were cheap. I said they are becoming cheaper looking (which they are compared to the older units from just a few years ago) and that they aren't built as well as they used to be. Of course your dealer is going to tell you that, he's in business to sell them. He'll probably tell you that they are the best machine on the market, but if he left there and went to a competing dealer to work, he'd tell you that THEY were the best. Just the nature of the business, not necessarily the truth. BTW, I think you meant R&D not RR.

I will say that if you think the 7 Iron doesn't stripe well, you are showing ingnorance from apparent lack of experience with them. They stripe extremely well, and I've posted a lot of pics on here showing it. None of mine were done with any type of striping kit either.

BTW- you got a very good deal on your unit compared to what you would have had to pay around here for the same thing.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 12-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.03788 seconds with 7 queries