View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
That is a good strategy if you a rapport with the manager and don't plan on bidding or taking over the job. It gives you an idea on what your market is and how to bid other commercial accounts appropriately while knowing a little about your competition.

I don't think it is a good approach is you are seriously wanting the job and the manager knows you want the job. I highly doubt you would be getting 100% honest answers. You come off as being desperate. They might be thinking "If he is so great and busy, why is he coming around trying to steal jobs"

A different approach could be simply asking if their current service to their satisfaction.

Beating the current companies bid by a few dollars isn't going to get you far if they are already satisfied with who they are using
I wouldn't consider it stealing jobs. Every property is fair game. We are busy and continue growing. I have a sales rep that walks into properties all day trying to take over new accounts. If you can provide a better service for around the same price as your competitors then go for it and try to pick up as many properties as you can.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04414 seconds with 7 queries