View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Why do any digging any holes or contact the purveyor before you do a water off meter test?

Photo document the meters dial indicator while water is not being used, wait 5 - 15 mins and take another pic.

If you have a difference in the position of the dial indicator or the leak detector is moving, you have a leak.

I find leaks and buried valves for a living. The toughest part of the job is educating people on simple verification tasks.

Once a leak has been verified or eliminated, proceed in the proper direction.

Drilling or digging exploration or perc holes is one direction to travel but i would call in a soils engineer to consult in any non-leak situation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good advice... I believe they claimed there was no water going into the lawn from the house, which leaves incoming and sewer, but you are correct in making absolutely sure...
IMO, calling in a soils engineer to check perculation is like calling an electrical engineer to change a lightbulb... but if people are not comfortable doing a particular thing on their own, it is always better to shift responsibility to some one else who can handle it...
Whenever a client doesn't agree or understand what I'm saying about anything, I always back-off and tell them they should then talk to So&so about it... CYA, is job 1...

Page generated in 0.04008 seconds with 7 queries