View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Answer from dealer as to why scag v-ride oil is darkening

This is a continuation of another thread I started 2 or 3 months ago about the oil darkening quickly on my 24 hp Kawi Scag V-Ride. Some of you who also own this mower have stated having the same issue. As my season is over I took the mower into the dealer. They said that bad gas had created carbon build-up on one of the valves creating blow-by that has ruined some of the gaskets but not the engine. They said the engine warranty does not cover bad gas (of course) It'll be about $300 in repairs and parts. I'm not a mechanic beyond routine maintenance, so I have to take their word that this is the case. If this is true, which I don't have any reason to believe it's not, you guys who have stated similar issues with the engine on the V-Ride ought to get it checked out. THey said continuing to run the engine like this would have resulted in much more damage. I don't know how they know that bad fuel caused this, but right now I don't have any other choice but to trust them and pay for repairs. Any thoughts?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13

Page generated in 0.03411 seconds with 7 queries