View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Why can't we have one legally authorized person in every school that is allowed to use deadly force if the situation calls for it. The cops can't be everywhere all the time, and these guys come out of nowhere and have to be dealt with immediatly.
The HS I went to had two security guards and two SRO's (School Resource Officer) which are county police assigned to patrol the inside, and outside of the campus. The school also had 400+ Security cameras. We had fights...but not once was a gun ever involved. Not to mention, all the rooms had a call button that went straight to the security office, once pushed EVERYONE in administration and the security will be their within minutes. I do agree that schools need at least one armed guard that can be ready with the appropriate equipment for the job. Also, all our doors were locked during school hours...if you needed in, you'd have to go through the main office, unless a student let you in through a side door...which if you're packing heat, I doubt they would.

Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 7 queries