View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark/is this going to be a problem

2 part question; Who knows about an exmark fuel tank? I have a 2009 metro for the record. I removed the tank yesterday to clean it out real good. I wanted to take off the piece at the bottom of the tank (pic posted below) However, I couldn't for the life of me get it to come off. There is that piece of metal elbow that the fuel line attaches to.

There is also a nut that appears to be threaded on around the elbow. But, when you try turning the nut the entire piece spins. The elbow, the black plastic base and the round metal washer piece inside the tank. There is no way to keep it from spinning that Im aware of. You could try and hold the elbow with pliers but it seems like a fragile piece of aluminum that would bend or break. As tight as that nut was on I don't think if was coming off even if you could hold it.

The Exmark part of the question is; is the tank just one piece and this piece is not seperate?

The second part of the question is; while wiping the inside of the tank I knocked off this screen (filter) inside of the tank. I disn't kniow this was a screen just bty looking down in the tank, I thought it was another metal elbow like below the tank.

This screen appears to have been just pushed down into the washer with the hole in the middle which is in the tank. In order to put it back in I would need to pull off the piece on the bottom but from my info above, you can read that was not possible. That's why Im wondering if the tank is just one piece because of this.

So, not having that filter screen inside the tank, is that oing to cause me problems? I know I still have my fuel filter so any real fine debris probably will not get stopped due to the missing screen.

Here are the pics, 1. Inside the tank at the bottom 2. Bottom of tank on the outside where fuel line attaches 3. The screen filter that got knocked loose
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.03866 seconds with 8 queries