View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
In the same situation as you so I had bought a droid tablet. I have yet to bring it out in the field for a dozen reasons. I have had it for roughly 2 months and haven't had the time to set it up like I need it.

I was going to do a slide show of my clients properties....having a hard time with the slide show app not working right. Then I have had issues with transfering photos from my PC and other cell to the tablet.

I bought quickbooks online so that I could run mobile with my program for estimates,invoices & more. I have had a hard time transitioning my invoice template from my QB 2008 on my PC over to the online version. That has delayed use even more

Once I get all of these issues and more figured out I think it will be a great investment.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a Ipad or similar to replace a laptop. At this point they can do almost as much as any computer. It all depends on how much time you can devote to setting it up and keeping it up to date. Since everything I need is on my old PC I keep running back to using that seeing that im short on time and always in a hurry.
My hope with the iPad is that it would be more of a seamless transition since I already have an iPhone. I want to do this now in the winter while I have plenty of downtime so I can play around with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenI.A. View Post
Not sure what you have for a laptop. But I have picked up batteries from amazon for around $100 for dell and sony. Have found them to be just as good as the original ones.
Its a Dell. When I bought the thing, I had every option you could get, accept for some reason I missed the part about the battery upgrade so I ended up with the lowest battery possible, which in its prime would only run the computer for like a half hour. Can I upgrade to a better battery now or would I have to get the exact same one it came with?

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 7 queries