View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWRIGHTcut View Post
well hey that's why i asked I appreciate the input.

I am not the typical** asshat landscaper that will tow it if it tows. I want to be safe and I'm in the mountains here so it is important that my liability not manifest itself, especially in terms of the weight we're talking.

I run a Wright Z, Wright sentar sport, and two bobcat 36 inch walk behinds comfortably. I assume that's around 3,500# and I feel safe about that, so I was wondering what I could squeeze out of it without being unsafe.

I tow the mowers with a 00' tundra, but would consider putting the 88' F350 5.8L on the road if towing heavy equipment.

I have spent my 'career', so to speak putting people to work, now that I moved and I am by myself, it's time for a big boy piece of equipment.
Just like your signature says, "there is no substitute for doing it the right way." Towing in the mountains, I would place safety at the high priority as you are.

One thing about equipment as opposed to employees, they don't complain (typically) and there are no taxes, insurance, social security, etc. to pay on them. Not to mention, that bobcat will allow you to do 5x capacity of what employees could. Best of luck to you with whatever you opt for, would love to hear about what you end up going with for the skid!

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 7 queries