View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Lol yeah but I found out a little trick over the years, that whole thing is how I used to do things too... But nowadays when I run into that problem of having too much work, rather than raising my prices I start to shut down advertising, and keep my prices down.

Because the customer, all they see is that price, as you noticed they don't care about nothing else.

Today I hardly have any advertising, it's almost all word of mouth, and with the money I am not spending on advertising I can keep my prices lower than the lowest lowballers, and then just to piss them off I tell ALL my customers that if ANYONE comes around and offers to do it for less they should CALL me and I'll at least consider not just matching but even beating that offer, too!
Once those lowballers find out their original $30 lawn that they thought they were going to do for $25 is now $20?
Yeah, they don't bust my lower of the lowest lowballing lowball prices up much any more.

Of course at some point you'll have to rely strictly on word of mouth and that can be a scary proposition in some cases, fortunately what I just described can certainly be made into a gradual process.
You need to take some Exlax.

Page generated in 0.03861 seconds with 7 queries