Thread: plugs
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I have been noticing more and more around here that large areas are being pluged rather than sodded. Is there a machine that does this and how well does it work for different grasses? I was thinking about getting one to rent if possible and plug my fathers 3 acres of land. Anyone suggestions?
If you are referring to a machine that installs the plugs....then not that I am aware of however you can pick one of these up at home depot or lowes generally.

I own one because it is a quick sale to the customer that is to impatient to allow a area that experienced damage and really does not justify a sod installation (Pallet). They are simple to install as you might gather, you just stomp on the plugger, pull the handle up and it cuts out a perfect little 4 inch square...the same size as a plug.

It comes in handy when installing lots of asiatic jasmine as they are generally plugs in the same 4 in square when sold in flats.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.03942 seconds with 7 queries