View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Lawnking...sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it. One of the nice things to me about them is that I'm billing them higher year round, but in summer they cut fast because they're generally not fertilized and none are irrigated.

Thinking about my numbers vs Kelly's a little more, I'm billing my bi-weekly accounts on average over twice what he is $1,103 vs $547. Something just doesn't seem right about that. His average $ per account is lower than every single one of mine.

P.S. - I see Kelly replied while I was typing. Yeah, some of mine are good sized lawns.
You are correct. During the summer, these type of yards are gravy, non fertilized with little growth very nice profit margins. I will not skip these yards, they get mowed no matter what. If I could find more of these yards within my perimeters I would take them. My business is built on high end accounts clustered in the same developments. These are nice steady streams of income. But the fences, swingsets, pools, edging, ect .... wears you down by the end of summer. These EVO week accounts are just wide open mowing, no sidewalks or mulch beds to worry about. Pull up, run the grandstand for a bit, collect payment and leave. Nice break from the high end yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03489 seconds with 7 queries