View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Not really....not when you factor in other services. I look at it more in terms of how much the account brings in per year. I billed one of my bi-weekly accounts over $1,000 for a storm/fall cleanup (it's usually around $600).

I'm not saying they can't be a pain and that I wouldn't rather have all weekly accounts, but I'm not about to drop them either (with one exception - the one that cuts it himself at the beginning and end of the season will be gone). But these customers all know that they're not priority customers and that my weekly ones take priority....it's nice to have something that can slip without getting stressed out over it.

All of my bi-weekly accounts ended up falling on the same week this past season due to weather. It was a bit of a trick to get them back in shape and on their proper schedule. I ended up cutting a bunch of them at 16 to 18 days...that wasn't much fun! I do reserve the right to charge an excessive growth surcharge due to conditions not under my control, but it's not something I do often.
I agree with you 100% about the extra services. I had all my bi-weekly's scheduled on the same day each week like you. But as I stopped taking on new bi-weekly's and they naturally phased out (I didn't just drop them) that day got filled with weekly's.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03761 seconds with 7 queries