View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
I dropped many biweekly accounts last year, I still kept a few if they met certain criteria. Here are a few items which will allow me to service or turn down EOW yards.

1. I will not accept lawns EOW in higher end neighborhoods.
Perception is reality, I do not want residents seeing an
overgrown lawn with my name attached to it.
2. Payment is due at the time of service.
3. 50$ minimum for EOW.
4. I will not double cut, height of mower will be adjusted to
prevent an unsightly finished product.
5. Option to go 10 days if growth is fast in the spring.

I am down to 3 or 4 EOW yards. They are all close by my house. Bigger yards that sit by themselves with minimal trimming. The 50$ minimum was established so they would meet the required amount of total revenue on an anual basis needed to be a customer. These accounts can be very profitable if ground rules are established and they fit into the schedule. Otherwise they can be hard on equipment and a scheduling nightmare on weeks where there are rainouts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats a good "laying down the law" to the EOW customer. I have one customer that wants the 10 day cut in a an area where I have five every week customers.

He gets his three cuts every month but the 10 day thing doesn't work out. It gets cut when I'm there which ends up being cut one week skip a week cut the next two.

In the Spring I convince him to go every week and most of the time he agrees so its not so bad. He is one of the top three PITA customers but he is right across the street from the other customers I service so to protect my territory I keep him.

Its a waterfront high end small town in the county about 10 miles off my route but its worth it as long as I have enough business to make it profitable. With the cost of operating I can't go down there on a odd day to cut just one yard. They are all small yards but add up nicely.

If I had a set of ground rules to follow like you have I'd probably be better off. I'll have to keep it in mind for the next time.

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 7 queries