Thread: plugs
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9773 View Post
Not sure how friendly it is to SA, but Ronstar is commonly used as a pre-emergent when sprigging bermuda. No root pruning at all.
Ronstar is not labeled for residential turf.

Chemical root pruning by pre emergent herbicides has long been a converse among the agronomic community. There are two very distinct schools of thought. one which believe the benefits out weight the faults. The other which I follow, believes Pre emergents do more damage than good. Now let me qualify my believes by pointing out I work mostly with St Augustine a solomatic turf. Pre Emergent do not effect Rhizomes because they are below the surface which has the Pre emerge barrier. Therefore Pre emerge doesn't effect C 3 rhizome turf like it does C 4 solomatic turf.

Successful plugging of St Augustine should include both organic fertilizer like Milorganite and synthetic starter fertilizer like a 20-20-20. Of Course lots of water and Post Emerge Herbicides for weed control. But most important is the application of a PGR herbicide like Primo that redirect growth to decrease grow in time by redirecting growth in a lateral direction.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

Page generated in 0.03807 seconds with 7 queries