Thread: plugs
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9773 View Post
Not sure how friendly it is to SA, but Ronstar is commonly used as a pre-emergent when sprigging bermuda. No root pruning at all.
Ronstar is not labeled for residential turf.

Chemical root pruning by pre emergent herbicides has long been a converse among the agronomic community. There are two very distinct schools of thought. one which believe the benefits out weight the faults. The other which I follow, believes Pre emergents do more damage than good. Now let me qualify my believes by pointing out I work mostly with St Augustine a solomatic turf. Pre Emergent do not effect Rhizomes because they are below the surface which has the Pre emerge barrier. Therefore Pre emerge doesn't effect C 3 rhizome turf like it does C 4 solomatic turf.

Successful plugging of St Augustine should include both organic fertilizer like Milorganite and synthetic starter fertilizer like a 20-20-20. Of Course lots of water and Post Emerge Herbicides for weed control. But most important is the application of a PGR herbicide like Primo that redirect growth to decrease grow in time by redirecting growth in a lateral direction.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 7 queries