View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Well you go on and take on payments on a piece of equipment that you couldn't afford and then have the one job that was so big it took ALL your resources go south on you and see WHO shows up at YOUR door!
That's part of the risk when in business.

You ain't got nothing to fall back on, put all your eggs in one basket and that doesn't concern you at all? Yes it does but again, it's a risk that you have to be willing to take to further grow a business.

But y'all who know everything go on already and prove me wrong, let me know how it turns out.
I bought a brand new Scag with bagger kit, a new trailer, a BOP mower, hand held power tools, all kinds of accessories to make being a solo operation easier. It took 3 years to pay off everything. I started out with no clients and went door to door. Found a bunch of customers and now have more then doubled my work load just in the last few months! I had enough to keep me working 2-3 days a week and still support a family, mortgage and all the other bills. Now I took on close to double the work load and it's all within 2 miles from home! Life my friend is all about risk.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 7 queries