View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
Not to stir the pot but why would you think a skid with tracks could do more damage than a tractor, I don't see how that is possible. We have done it countless times, no issues. Maybe if you're not familiar how to use a tracked ss then maybe it could be an issue. But with plywood and a tracked skid I would bet that there is less psi than a tractor.
People get on this PSI kick. Great for a skid steer sales rep, but in the real world PSI quickly has no more meaning.

If you're talking driving a skid unit (tracked or tired) over uncompacted pavers that are like the size of a parking lot - all would probably be well.

But for a residential application, if you can't come straight in and go straight out - when you turn the unit - it can turn the pavers up.

A tractor doesn't skid. Put it in 2wd and no pavers would get turned up. Interlocking pavers are often used for vehicular use. A CTL has less PSI than a Toyota 4Runner.

Tracked machines do greater damage turning than tired machines. Because the tracks slice the ground.

Buying plywood at 25 bucks a sheet (american not canadian) is crazy. If I were pricing such a job, I'm going to find a way to get the pavers down without having to factor in plywood, etc., I'll sell the job. And guarantee it.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03842 seconds with 7 queries