View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
I don't know about you, but if I had that much grass to cut I'd be using a larger mower.

Edit: It's a little early for me. I realize now that you cut a total of 5-7 acres a week. How much use do you need out of the mower each week? If it's only a 20-40 minute use per week then I'd say you could get away with the residential model.
My main concern is about 3 acres of trees that has Rider tracks everywhere,,, that takes 3 man-hours to mulch mow around all those trees,,, with 21" mowers... Then occasionally I'd use it on some other properties to alleviate the compaction around those trees, before they get bad...
So I'd only need a couple hours per week on a regular basis but may add as much as 5 additional hours on some weeks... It should have paid for itself by the end of the first season... the commercial one may not have generated that much return and at this point I'm not interested in new business to cover costs... I am really more interestted in making the area superior to what it has been and getting that rider off of it is the first step...

I appreciate everyone making me think through this situation... thanks...

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 7 queries