View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Member

When I first came into the lawn business, 6 years ago, I took any and all of the business I could find. I took the $25-30 yards and I took the $ 75 yards. Slowly I've refined my outreach to customers so that I am only looking for the customer that fits the company's goals - high end residential and high end small-mid size commercial. I don't "put down" the companies that are looking at the low end or large commercial market, it's just not my market. I have learned to have my operations manager "hit me with a brick" when I am tempted to go outside of our target market. By staying in my target market I can tune my services and operations to meeting their needs. I have found that to have the same crew or crews servicing the mansion one day and the $25 yard the next is asking for disaster - their needs are dramatically different. On the other issue, I bill 95% of my clients on the 12 month system. In Virginia we basically service them from mid-March through Thanksgiving, with a final cleanup before Christmas. We are a full service landscaping company and our high end clients provide us typically with as much revenue from design and build as we charge for maintenance.

Page generated in 0.03967 seconds with 7 queries