View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMan View Post
Thanks, ric. The grandstand is on my short list. Where are you located? I know different decks excel in different areas. I have a turbo force 60 inch on a G3 and love it too. I wanted to hear how it performed in the 36 inch version, especially as I've found it's not as deep as the 60 inch, so I'm glad you chimed in.

How does it give you any problems with the front lifting up on you? I demoed larger deck version and noticed it was lifting up on me more than I liked. I'm a big guy, though, and was operating it on very hill terrain.

Also, I've been reading about some issues of boil over after running for a while with the Grandstands. Worries me a bit as I'll be operating in Florida.
I'm in central Florida (Tampa/St Pete area) I have no problem with the cut and all my lawns are St Augustine and Bahia. I've never had any problems with the mower and never encountered any lifting in the front end and I don't use any weights.
I go about 190 most of the time and I think it's supposed to take a 300lb rider. I'm not sure what you mean when you say issues with boil over but I'm going to assume your talking about the motor or drives getting hot, if so I've never had an issue with anything like that and I've been out mowing in temps of 105 degrees and better with no issues so I wouldn't let that worry you.
Blowers:Stihl BR 600 BR 550 BR 380 BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 Stihl FS 90
Edgers: Stihl FC 90&75 Echo BRD 280 Pole Saw: Stihl HT 75 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HL 45 HS 45

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 7 queries