View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Theirs no way I could do all that cutting in 2 hrs or anyone on my crew. I would need more than 1 saw going. And when putting a proposal together I would never factor just 2 hrs. For that amount of cutting that's just silly.
Posted via Mobile Device
The amount of time consumed for cutting / mitering pavers is often downplayed the same as the time required for daily clean up at the end of each working day.

I'm not sure when, but we will be installing a 1,890 SF patio sometime this winter. For the most part it's rectangular in shape, no curvey radiused outter perimeters and borders. BUT there will be just under 2 full days of cutting pavers!

The patio is boxed in. Meaning one side is the dwelling, and the other 3 sides are retained by a huge retaining wall. So we will have mitering on all 4 sides (yes there will be mitering required along the dwelling for existing logistical site conditions.) Not to mention the multiple deck posts.

In the middle of the patio will be something like 48-linear feet of NDS's Dura Slope drain boxes that will be flush with the pavers. Just mitering the pavers to fit around the drain will easily take 2 guys 6 hours (12 MH). And to top things off - at this stage in the project we won't be able to run the saw close to where we're working because it will get dust all over the pavers and house! So this means the saw must be stationed at least 50-feet away from the furthest end!

No matter how one tries to spin it, no matter how big one's Wacker is - There simply is no Smart Phone App that can/will speed up paver cutting. (plate compactor that is)

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 12-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.04141 seconds with 7 queries