View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the access to the hose has been a bit of a concern, i may have to get up there to reel it back.. not much of a big deal i guess. gonna look at the measurements more closely. if it sat far enough back to where i the reel was atleast around the wheel wells mabee a little past i may be OK, just not ideal i know... with the extra space i could store a few bags of dry products though, which would be nice too.. rather than having a skid taking the whole bed. i'm hoping somebody who has used one of these skids may have some input too. all i know is i don't want to pull on a trailer, with a 150 ft. hose i'd definetly get into a situation where i'd want to pull in a driveway at some point, but not doing it with a trailer. lol.

from what i know the yellow nozzle was for 2gpm the green was for 3 gpm and white for 4 gpm. i've seen these blue ones but never used them, think i read they may be for 1.5 or 1.

i'll check with lesco. thought the shipping of the northstar to store may have been free. but thats definetly something to consider now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
What you want is the tank up close to the bed so you centralize your weight. This also makes it difficult to access the reel and motor for spraying and such is that design.

What I'd like to see is that pump, motor and reel elevated on a platform so you can turn that tank sideways and pull from the passenger side of the truck and have access to the motor for starting. Like a space saver setup.

But it is what it is but you certainly want that tank as close to the top of the bed as you can. Slosh won't be a factor.

2 gallons is ok. You may not be able to get much more than that from that setup. Remember it's a 5gpm pump but 3/8" small hose.

I forget which tip is 2 GPM. I use a 3 and it's green.

2's not blue. It's either white or yellow if I remember correctly.

Not a bad unit for 2 grand but emember you're going to have 300 in shipping and tax maybe so what can JDL/Lesco or your locals do for you for 2500?

Page generated in 0.04400 seconds with 7 queries