View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i side discharge everything using G6 blades down here. i just discharge it towards the middle and when the leaves buildup a bit i go back over them a few times and they disappear. on average to do the leaves on a yard here takes about 15min or 30 at the most more than just a normal cut. most yards i do are 1/2-3acres in size. it's just easier and faster. i stop mowing at the end of october. i then go do the leaves 2 times in november on average. 1 time every 2 weeks. after november is over all of the leaves here are done falling for the most part. you kindof have to do that here because in november you still get a few weeds growing and such since the temps are in the 60s on average in the month of november.

you gotta remember there's no stripes here in the south so you don't have to worry about going back in forth making rows next to each other. you can section the yard off into sections blowing the leaves into the middle and tackle them a bit at a time.

i have one setup for every condition. i like to keep it simple. i don't have to fool around with bagging, putting on a mulch kit, different kinds of blades, tarps, rakes, leaf loaders, etc. it may be different up in the northeast but it works very well down here in the southeast.

Last edited by weeze; 12-28-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03776 seconds with 7 queries