View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
I kind of wonder about why Hustler is making this type of mower again in the first place. Years ago, Hustler reinvented themselves by canning the whole line of mowers they had with these big decks, and coming out with a new series midmounts. Now, they are back to trying to build these wing-type mowers.
I guess they did not learn their lesson the first time around. Hustler already has way too many models. Why bring out a mower that wil have very limited demand, and one where JD and Toro already "own" the market?
Someone at Hustler is on an ego trip. Reminds me of some of the foolish and costly mistakes Dixie Chopper has made over the years.
I agree 100% on that one. It appears that they D/C'd the range wing and have made an ill attempt to replace it. The thing is, the range wing was an industrial unit with a 38HP Kubota diesel and made to handle day in and day out mowing. The odd thing is that the price point wasn't much different than this 104". This mower is nothing more than a Super Z with wings and a price that's way out of line. It's a beautiful mower but I don't see them selling many...that's my prediction. I also agree with Hustler reinventing the wheel and having too many machines. I will say that they are the most proactive company I've ever seen but they have been all over the map with their product line since I started with them in 98'.

Page generated in 0.04144 seconds with 7 queries