View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

So I made the purchase of Hindsite, and am going through training. Another LS member is as well, but I'll let him reply if he chooses to. We discussed it for a while on the phone, and he let me know of a great special they had going on. So thanks!!

Training is going ok. Some of it is over my head, as I am not a serious tech guru. They might want to "dumb down" some of the training. But overall, I'm liking it so far. Looks fairly easy on the technicians end while in the field. Just a lot of set up work for me to do and get used to.

I still haven't gotten field devices for us yet. I personally also need a new laptop. So I am looking at a tablet/laptop hybrid, the Samsung ATIV Smart PC I could use the app service on my phone, but I would like a bigger screen to work with, especially with wet or dirty hands. This is much like the Microsoft Surface, but not the limited RT version. The Ativ has a full OS where I can still install software like Quickbooks or Office or Photoshop. This would then dock with the keyboard (sold separately) so I can use it as a full laptop, and do my scheduling on this, logging in remotely as I have two locations that I do office work from.

So overall I'm excited for HS, but still have a lot to learn.

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 7 queries