View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Question Help Buying a Commercial Walk-Behind

Hey everybody. I'm at the point where I need to invest in a big mower. Up to today I've been using two small push mowers for all my properties.

Many of my properties have hills, and most are smaller so I'm thinking that I would benefit most from a commercial walk-behind mower, around a 32".

I will need the mower for about three years, to get me through graduate school. At that point I'll start up a small software company, and keep mowing a few properties. I'll most likely sell the big mower and use a small one for the properties I keep. So I need it to go strong for those three years. I'll be busy, and don't want another headache of a broken mower.

I have $2,000 to $3,000 to spend on the mower.

I'll be mowing 40-60 properties on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, and the mowing season is long here in Waco, TX (March-December this year). I need this mower to be my work horse. Dependable, efficient, and with an exceptionally smoothe cut.

I don't know how to maintain these bigger mowers, so dealership support is important. I think Waco has good support for the main brands. SCAG has great dealership support here.

Do you guys have any suggestions on Brands of mower?
Is there anything else I need to factor in?
Should I go for a mower that I can get a three year warranty on to ensure that it lasts through the three years that I need it?

Any advice on these brands:
SCAG
TORO
ExMark
Bob-Cat
Lesco
Gravely

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

-Garrett

Page generated in 0.03870 seconds with 7 queries