View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My biggest complaints about LCOs of all kinds, really have little to dowith 'education'...
For exa.:
Blowing the leaves into the street or the end of the driveway, so it might be bagged with a ZTR... Creating a dust cloud over the entire neighborhood, along with pebbles, chopped leaves and twigs in adjacent lawns...

Not too complicated and education classes about picking up leaves, are going to teach, 'What?' in the classroom???

Another exa.:
Relates to CG root inhibitor being put down in March for Wisconsin Lawns has everything to do with money and getting all the lawns accomplished before May 10th... Education about the correct timing for the benefit of the lawn is not only wasted, but irrelevant...
I would agree that teaching all LCOs the science behind the Pre-M "Barrier" would be a worthwhile effort...

3rd Exa.:
Planting a tree or shrub properly and expecting a 100% survival rate can be demonstrated one time, even by a video clip on Utube... The only problem with plants being planted improperly, is shodding workmanship... its not brain surgery and doesn't require years of experience,,, it only takes care and doing it as if, you really give a ***...

I can't see that much classroom education in doing a job and following instructions ,,,is really something that anyone needs to invest time and money in... OJT all the way...

Page generated in 0.04014 seconds with 7 queries