View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Remember dandelions will be at their maximum yellow bloom about the date of the first mowing. Veronica also if you have it in your area. Chickweed and wild garlic also prominent. Violets, creeping charlie, and Oxalis appear a few weeks later--about when the temp first hits 80.
When the temps start hitting about 85 (if at all), then spurge, mallow, purslane, crabgrass and other summer annuals appear, (plus nutsedge).
When temps cool off in the fall--I estimate about highs of 65--then new dandelions, veronica, chickweed, henbit and the winter annuals appear.

I never did much spot spraying. It takes almost as much time as blanket spraying--and there is always the chance that you will not see small weeds, and thereby miss them.
Sounds like you were blessed with some wonderful lawns... That's why I can only do total care on the lawns and gardens I took on...
But you're right... if there are so many weeds all the time you may never get them choked out with turf...

I hate those kind of lawns though,,, because they're so muddy after a rain storm...

Page generated in 0.03495 seconds with 7 queries