View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunton Guy View Post
Like I said most of the time we try to only market and take on new yards in neighborhoods we have lawn in or really close by. So we have a general idea of how much time it takes to get the leaves out and to the curb to be sucked up. Worst case scenerio I use my best judgment...I haven't been in the game forever (11 years) but I have done a lot of leaf removal so just staring up at the trees for a few minutes helps give me an idea of what kind of trees & how many leaves we will be dealing with.

Also when I visit a new property I have a list of questions I ask and write down the answers. Getting them to walk through the lawn and describe as much of it as possible really helps give me a idea of what we are getting our selfs into and gives them a chance to really see that we are LISTNERS and that we care. I think it really helps in the selling process that we listen and ask a ton of questions. Usually at the end of a meeting we get a hand shake and a " thank you" " you asked so many questions that we have never been asked before"

Lately I have come in as much as $40-60 and even as high as $80 more per month on residential lawns...and been able to sell them on a few key skills that their current providers are missing out on (communication !!!)
If you don't mind me asking what questions do you ask them?
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04948 seconds with 7 queries