Thread: Kansas City!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 AM
teamgreendude teamgreendude is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: overland park kansas
Posts: 748
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
Okay guys, a little help here. I'm wanting to make sure I'm clear on Mo/Ks DOT laws. I have a Honda Ridgeline and pull a 5x12 single axle trailer. I'm safely under 10,000lbs so do I need to get DOT numbers? Also, do we need some sort of reflective tape on our license plate? What are the limits of gasoline you can have in containers at any given time? It asks on the DOT website if you are going to be hauling hazardous chemicals, gasoline was one of the selections. I'm new to this and want to make sure I'm legal. I have my trailer licensed and insured. I also heard that I have to have a fire extinguisher mounted in the truck/trailer? Is this true? I've done some searching and can't seem to come up with the answers I need.
Lucky you! With a Ridgeline you should be fine with 5 Gallon Jerry cans. Once you step up to a 3/4 ton diesel(in my case) you have to have inspections, physicals, driving records, training, drug checks. There's a lot more I'm forgetting but for now you should be okay. Like i said though once you step up to hauling more, driving bigger trucks that's when you'll need to get Dot numbers.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04175 seconds with 8 queries