View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallstripesnc View Post
I haven't been on lawnsite in awhile but its sad people don't even believe each other. From the beginning of March to the end of June I usually get the 30 calls a day or so. I do turn down a TON of work but a lot of the people call me because they see I do quality work and I do get tons of calls from word of mouth. Now the word of mouth clients I do feel bad not taking on but hiring help just adds more headache. I've seen quite a few people on here mention they'd rather stay solo and keep quality accounts instead of taking what ever they can get to keep employees busy.

I only use a 36in mower because anything bigger wouldn't fit in the gates and a lot of my properties have slopes/hills and I would rather not use a bigger zero turn or even a bigger walk behind on them properties.

As far as my pricing and sizing of property. There all under 1/2 acre and a lot of them are less than 15,000 sq feet and most are less than 10,000 sq feet. A lot of guys JUST for mowing, edging, line trimming, blowing charge around $25 to $35 which is what my average is.
If you are getting 30 calls a day for 3 months. That comes out to 900 calls a month. That would equal 2700 calls for those three months. I have been in this business for 15 years. Owing my business and working for a 40 employee landscaping company. The 40 employee company doesn't even get that amount of calls. Not even close. So, you are telling me you get 2700 calls in 3 months as a solo operation? I know the internet is full of BS artist and I'm calling you out. Plus, when I hit your website it was deleted or not paid. It looks like you know what you are doing.

You see a ton of people say they want to stay solo because the majority of lawn mower guys are solo. They can't offer anything else because of their lack of education, they don't want too learn, fear of success, etc.

I would suggest you stay solo because that's what you want to do. Nothing wrong with that but don't lie. Veteran guys can see right through you.

Page generated in 0.03470 seconds with 7 queries