View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

this is a great discussion that im following closely. I started tracking my numbers a bit closer last year using an excel spreadsheet, so i can start to break down my numbers and see where Im at...and where im going. My resisdential crappy mower broke last season, so i went out and financed a new honda hrc 21 inch mower (most yards i do are smaller) and im very happy with it. Long story made short, at some point, that mower will have to be replaced. So even after its paid for, there still has be a way to replace that mower down the road, so it must be calculated into the man hours cost. Im taking notes yall....LOL.

Im taking a lot from this posting, so thanks to everyone for their contributions and points of view.

debt free or paid for equipment does allow you to be more competivite on your prices, but you still have to break down your numbers and determine what your costs are, and from there, determine what you want your profit margin to be based on where you are currently at. interesting..... and makes sense. As time goes by and the buisness grows (hopefully) the numbers game continues, and you must be staged to grow with the buisness and the grass that we mow...LOL.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower

Last edited by rbljack; 01-03-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Page generated in 0.03841 seconds with 7 queries