View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I went to my local Ewing store today just to shoot the breeze with the guys there. If you have an off season, I highly recommend going in to your supplier while they are not too busy, and just hang out for a while and chat with them. Get to know them, let them know you, both professionally, and personally. You will both benefit, and learn from each other.

One of my employees met me there today and we just talked about different things for an hour and a half. The store manager has been in the biz a long time, starting back in Cali.
We discussed:
Locators - 521, 521A, Armada 800, and 1eyedjim I talked to them about the TDR.
Classes they will host. My employee that was there wants to learn about pumps and wells. Lo-and-behold they are putting on a pump class Jan 30, but hadn't announced it yet. I am attending their marketing seminar next week.
We discussed me getting the Hindsite software, and once I get up and ready I will demonstrate to them how it works.
Talking about Hindsite got them thinking as well. They showed me the new Ewing app for the smartphones http://ewing1.com/general/ews_srv_mobileapp.htm It has calculators for precipitation rates, run times, voltage drop and fertilizer application rates. It has a calculator to help measure square footage, conversion tables for length, volume, weight, area, temperature, etc. Already downloaded to my phone.

Still, it all comes down to the actual people working there, and I feel our local staff are incredible at helping us.

Page generated in 0.04194 seconds with 7 queries