View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A thread I don't want to lose: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...nt-pay-up.html

Quote:
Landscapers say DuPont’s offers appear fair, with one caveat: They are based on damage estimates from last fall before the full extent of the damage was known.
“Last year, we saw it mainly on evergreen trees, especially white pines and spruces,” Ahlum said. “This year, we’re seeing it a lot more on deciduous trees such as honeylocusts. But I’ve seen it on red maples, on pears, on pretty much any deciduous tree where it was applied.”
my bushes, pear tree, blackberries, garden, roses, weeping willows, ornamentals, Japanese Maples, all stuff that showed up after the initial report, they took longer to show damage. Guess lost growth didn't count?

Quote:
Complicating the process is a host of unanswered questions about Imprelis. How long will the soil remain poisoned? Will damaged trees recover? Will problems continue to surface on trees that appeared healthy last fall?

DuPont has asked homeowners to leave the trees alone until they reach a settlement. If owners must replant, the company says Imprelis is now so diluted in the soil that it is safe.

However, Purdue University scientists who have studied Imprelis concluded that the only safe method of replacing trees this year is to remove all roots and soil around the dead tree

Page generated in 0.03950 seconds with 7 queries