View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This wasn't my idea but I think it was a good one. If you are in the market to buy some equipment, wouldn't you rather go into one forum and see thread after thread of equipment comparisons instead of having to search through page after page of unrelated threads?
A forum can get so busy that new threads can get quickly pushed off page one. We really don't want unrelated threads posted in a forum because that forum is busier than the correct forum. We try and keep the forums organized so members can quickly find what they are interested in. We will just move out of place threads to the correct forum, so it is better to make every effort to put it in the correct forum to begin with.
Thanks for the input
yes, you nailed it Charles...we like to try to keep all discussions in their appropriate forums here on the site and sometimes, creating new forums and sub-forums can help in doing so

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
personally for all the criticism this site receives from its users I'd like to see any of them run a website like this and run it as well as you guys do.

I'm sure it's extremely hard to run a website this large and I think you guys do an excellent job. things look great and run smooth in my opinion.

I fail to see how any user can find anything difficult about this site. but maybe I'm just too much of an easy going guy.
thanks for the kind words yardguy...we do appreciate all of the feedback, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc. and we will take those into account when making changes to the new layout

thanks again all

Page generated in 0.05104 seconds with 7 queries