View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegomow View Post
Many of my clients are elderly and some of them live alone. When they see me they come out and they want to talk. It starts with a question and then turns into a story telling session with one story leading into the next. Before you know it 5, 10 minutes have passed and I can't get a word in edgewise. Even when I get a chance to break in and say I enjoy talking to you but I really have a full schedule today, they acknowledge I'm on a schedule but then they keep on talking. I understand they are lonely and I really don't mind if I'm not to busy spending a little time with them. Hey, I could be the lonely old guy someday. I don't know how to break free without seeming rude. Don't know how to solve this problem.
I have a similar issue. I don't want to be rude but in a fixed contract I am losing out. However I believe customer service is key and telling them I can't talk may be rude? On days that are very busy I tell them right away "big day today got lots to do" however some ignore this and speak on for a while.
Toro Proline 52
Toro Commercial 21' Kawasaki
Bluebird Core Aerator
Shindaiwa RS41 Spreader
Stihl FS90R

Page generated in 0.04014 seconds with 7 queries