View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

you can cut it off and install a 7 the sell them at tractor supply, any trailer place, or i ordered one from etrailer.com they come with the chart to tell you what wire goes where or you can find one with a quick google search. http://www.johnsontrailerco.com/wiring_diagrams.php i found this one it should help. note that the colors are not the same from 4 to 7. I have re-wired several trailers and each trailer has its own little quirks. the most helpful tool through it is a test light. I always go through and test the truck first to make sure everything is working properly on that end then move to the trailer. I learned that one the hard way i spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out why i couldnt get one of the trailer functions to work and come to find out it was a blown fuse in the truck i had it hooked up too overall not a tough job just take your time and double check your connections. i recommend using the heat shrink connectors to keep water and corrosion out. Let us know how you make out

Page generated in 0.03510 seconds with 7 queries