View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few other pictures.....

A small entrance we maintain at a larre nursing home complex, which was unfortunately taken over by a much larger local company. On the bright side it was way out of my service area, and the margins were really tight.

A situation you never want to run into. Woman was already told how bad pavers were, how they shifted and moved every winter, and basically to avoid them. During excavation part of the house foundation caused a large area of water to get stuck and not drain through the clay. As we excavated and compacted the ground it just pumped and bounced. We called the homeowner, got a change order out and dug down 4-5 feet and installed large rock and cement and pounded it in with a rammer as called for by ICPI specs. Then we backfilled and compacted with 4' of gravel and fabric. Basically did not want another customer to have a bad experience with pavers and wanted to over deliver quality. It has never moved!

Third pic is a mulch job we do in the upper end homes areas. I now have 3 customers on the street. We do everything to absolute perfection. When we are done mulching I fluff up the grass, pick up sticks and sweep everything off. I flip the rake over and smooth and massage the mulch. Great customer with quite a few years of repeat service.

-Chris
Attached Images

Page generated in 0.04309 seconds with 8 queries