View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite4 View Post
That is a good question. First off, I used a base course of miscellaneous grass fibers mixed with course particles of snow to knit the fibrous base together for strength and rigididy. above that I used a thin course of fine textured snow, (dry preferably since it screeds better than wet snow). Upon that we set our base course of snow blocks, being sure to knife off the bottoms smooth so they set straight......
Haven't you been reading DVS's posts?!?! You should never incorporate grass fibers in the snow for the base course. The grass will deteriorate very quickly, and you'll have a call back in a week or so. Use some polyolefin rope cut into 3 cm sections and frayed in an "X" pattern. About 1 pound of fibers per linear foot should do. That will give you superior stability and last well into the first real thaw.

I won't even comment on the color. It's probably the same color as every other snow wall on the block. Geez, why can't you amateurs hire a pro with some landscape design ability? Are you a homeowner? You said you're a landscaper, but I'll bet you were doing that as a homeowner project.

Find someone who has built some snow walls and work with them for a while before you go out on your own like that.

I have lots more to say but I'm on my mobile phone now. There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

(Just kidding, it looks great!)

Page generated in 0.03978 seconds with 7 queries