Thread: help identify
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,783
Originally Posted by april0514 View Post
i have a few questions about location of parts. what is a governor arm where is it located and what does it look like? recoil start is that the pull string to get it started? what are the normal grease points on a mower and how to grease the spindle and where is the spindle?
Governor arm is usually located on the back of most motors. It has a spring connected to it, usually with different slots in the arm to adjust the tension of the governor. When the mower is running, you'll see it slightly move, or move a lot if the motor is under load.

Yes, a recoil start is the pull string that recoils itself.

The spindle is the shaft that goes through a mower deck and the pulley and blade attaches itself to.

Also notice the grease zerk on the spindle. This is a grease point. Look for any zerks on the mower where-ever there are moving parts.

White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03941 seconds with 8 queries