View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriderLawn09 View Post
Great work man! I read threw the whole thread over the past week, and nice work, and sharp trucks and equipment! We are both the same age and i love to see guys like us who work hard and have great success! And i had a question about your dump truck, how does it do when you load it around 5 tons, does it grunt to lift it at all? I had an electric over hydro on my f-superduty and the muncie pump ran off the fan belt and after changing clutch packs every year (because they would wear out every five dumps lol) it wouldnt pick up 2 tons, but mine has a 5 speed tranny so i put a pto pump on it and it will lift way more than you can put on the truck with ease 6+ tons (i only haul 5 or so on it) but i understand yours is electric and i was just wondering how it does, my ez dump is electric but doesnt have the pump i seen on yours in your pics (mine will do like 2 ton its on a 3/4 ton pickup) sorry for the long post, but once again nice work man!
Most I ever put in it was like 4.5 ton and thats way over capacity. Truck holds it fine and dumps it fine never struggled at all but when I have that big of a load the truck itself driving has alot of trouble. We have alot of hilly terrain here and the truck struggles going up hills loaded.
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds