View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I think the problem was that when I billed due on receipt the due date is the same as the invoice date. For those that pay as soon as they get my invoice, no problem. But for those that set it aside, I think they tend to give themselves longer than 15 days to pay it, since most billing cycles are 30 days. The reason I had changed to due on receipt was that I had my language saying that finance charges would be applied on invoices over 30 days late, but since they weren't due for 15 days, my customers could wait 45 days to pay me without consequences. I wanted it down to 30 days so changed to due on receipt. I have since gone back to net 15 but defined late as 30 days after invoice date. It's late...hope I explained that properly.
From what I'm told by my collection agency a 30 day cycle should be the norm, after that service stops a gentle nudge is given and so and so on until the small claims court is introduced. I agree that options are the best way to do business, weather it be for billing, listing services or whatever, the more rigid you are the less chance you have of aquiring new customers. Just think of how YOU like to do business.

Page generated in 0.03757 seconds with 7 queries