View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Jim: Bi-weekly accounts aren't all bad. Don't forget that they all have friends and neighbors, so you get additional exposure as well as potential for additional side work from them. A lot of mine are senior citizens who don't do any of their own yard work. And my bi-weekly accounts pay full rate for all extras and generally pay a surcharge as well for mowing. They are among my most profitable accounts when analyzed on gross income/hour.

I put this up earlier in the thread, but here it is again. These numbers are for 2012. I have 19 bi-weekly accounts (actually one is monthly) that ranged from $640 to $1,892 in total charges for the year with a total gross of $20,966. They were serviced between 11 (he does the first couple and last couple himself) and 16 times with the norm being around 14. My average per account was $1,103. I don't think that's too bad.

Of course they do have their down sides which I'm sure everyone is aware of, so I won't go into that. But bi-weekly accounts can be quite profitable as long as you're charging accordingly, and in some cases moreso than higher end accounts. You're in and out and no need to get fussy. Are you going to get big install jobs off of them...almost certainly not, but I do get a fair amount of maintenance work out of them they're generally pretty easy to please...I am pretty selective with them though.

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 7 queries