View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Early morning watering is the better way to go... around here the dew starts to fall around 3-4pm DST...

There is very little information about Sumagreen and its 'phytohormones' or their high carbon cocktail, but if you got excessive growth on one application, I would be curious as to how long the effect lasts...
The microbes may very well be cycling lawn debris and mining extra minerals from the soils, the wat that AM Fungi might, but that is most likely a growth spurt... will repeated applications of the product yield the same results, over and over again??? it is odd that they would develop a product that causes the same extreme growth that high energy urea causes...

How did the lawn look in the Fall, when the heat of Summer was over???
That is when the cool-season lawns are growing their best,,, so if the turf stayed lively, green and massive root development, then I'd say you have a winner...
Otherwise I'd not use it before the Summer heat... I don't fertilize at all before the Summer heat(Late Spring instead)... If I thought Sumagreen was a valid product I would apply at the end of Summer heat and see if it grows the lawn into the Fall the way fertilizer does...
The ground temps are still favorable for microbrial activity, so don't let that be an excuse...

Page generated in 0.04094 seconds with 7 queries