View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
The only thing that Ewing does that irks me is the $.48 "inbound freight surcharge" that they put on every invoice. Just call it what it really is.... "a bullshit because we can get away with it charge". LOL... I'm entering bills right now and it's a pain in the ass when I'm recieving inventory into the system because I have to keep switching between tabs to book the $.48 as an expense rather than as inventory.

So if one of the York's is paying attention... find some other way to fuel the corporate jet.
Yeah, that irritates me as well. I don't enter inventory into QB though, so it's not a big deal for myself. I'm sure if you're a big enough buyer, with enough pull, they would waive it. I'm not fighting it, but would rather they just add a penny for the top 10-20 items in their stock instead.

I'm going to one of their seminars tomorrow. Marketing Tactics for Green Industry Professionals. I would like for Ewing to do more business seminars like this to go along with their field/troubleshooting/product type seminars. Too many of the guys in this industry do not know the business end of things, and that is how they fail. They don't know how to price jobs, don't know daily, weekly, monthly or yearly costs, don't know how to market properly, and they don't know when to say NO to a job. Many folks, myself included, got into owning their business by branching out when the opportunity came up, but don't know squat about business, and they don't take the time to learn. They think - money comes in, money goes out, any left over and I am good.

Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 7 queries