View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Funny, most of my stuff has the old 5.7, I can get a complete "rebuilt" engine for less than 1800$ and rebuilt transmission are less than 2000$, so far never need any.

I did spent 700$ on my box truck last month, Ive had it 5 years and thats the first time Ive done much to it, new radiator, exhaust manifold, water pump,battery,transmission flush, and a trip to the muffler shop to get the exhaust realigned. Hop Im good for another year.
Thats kinda what im figuring out is that its just hard to beat a gas chevrolet truck........ Especially the old vortec 350.

I sold a 98 chevrolet z71 1500 that I bought with 100K miles on it and had 185K on it when it got totalled........... The only thing I did in 85K miles was a fuel pump and I did have to do breaks pretty often from pulling an enclosed with 2 ztrs, and a walke behind. That motor was awesome!!! Not the most powerful but man it just ran good. I take that back i did a tune up to the truck when I bought it at 100K on it. wish the kid wouldnt have went left of center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bas turd!!
With the money Ive put in the powerstroke I could have bought 2 of those chevrolets....... Lesson learned.

Page generated in 0.05271 seconds with 7 queries