View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deori View Post
It seems like truck prices have definitely been UP in the past 6 months. They do fluctuate a little. When gas was up around $4 a gallon, there were more deals to be had I think. I agree with what another poster said about people trying to offload their crew cab grocery getters for big bucks.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. There are deals to be had, much better if you can bide your time until the right one comes along. Private sellers and dealers both, I see them trying to get well over 10K for a ten year old gas truck with over 100K miles. It's crazy to me! I've always been a fan of buying vehicles 2-3 years old with 30K or less on them, but these days that'll run you like 25K. It's just getting crazy so I'm sitting on my tired old truck and rolling on with no payments for now. Good luck man, keep your eyes open!
Posted via Mobile Device
Like I said earlier I dont mind spending money and I dont mind traveling to get a truck. We flew to boston to get a truck for my brother last summer and it turned out great. Getting back to it though I dont mind spending money, however I am trying to keep my business debt free for as long as possible. So I dont want to finance a new truck (I obviously dont have the cash for that and even if I did I wouldnt spend it on a brand new truck). Something used however is doable. My other issue is I commute to school and hockey practice anywere from 3-7 days a week. It isnt uncommon for me to put on 500 miles a week just in commuting for school and hockey that is where I think a diesel would be benificial for me. That is still not even thinking about business. In the summer im towing or hauling something every day often it is quite weighted. Further more I have 3-4 more years of school left (im going to try to get a ga position to get free grad school). OFf the top of my head with school alone it is possible for me to put on 56000 miles alone in the next 3-4 years. Once again that is just school and hockey and not factoring in business. I probably drive another 10-15 thousand miles a year for business and business related ventures. Again that is not factoring in any free time. Thats were I think gas would be a waste of time. 100000 miles in 3-4 years not to mention im buying used in all likely hood it will come with some miles. Im not saying a gas truck cant go over 100000 but putting millage on like that will kill any resale value i may have. I am seriously considering getting an r titled cummins from a place called balsleys. Thats all they do is buy wrecked trucks and fix them. As long as it would check out with my mechanic (family friend) and be able to be insured I would be ok with that. I just cant see people paying all this money for used trucks. Its almost like you would have to be rich or dumb to pay what people are asking for these trucks....

Page generated in 0.04559 seconds with 7 queries