View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
RSK,
We both probably need to ask some of the techie guys what would be best, sounds like your like me at a crossroads and truly need to get away from the pen and paper and move into the 21st century, just not sure what is the best route to go. I've always been a windows kinda guy, and have tried to use the apple system but it seems so foreign yet better at the same time.
well I have an iphone 5 and while it is useful for the turn by turn navigation it comes with from the factory, and emailing customers while i'm out in the field, other then that i don't really use much. once I have a new lawn or snow account, I'll save the customers contact info and put their name, address, house number, cell number, email in my phone. but I usually get all that info in the voice mail, and write it down on in my notebook. and as far as estimates i usually do 2-3 spring, early summer and fall. middle of summer is slow for me, then the fall gets busy again. an ipad would be nice for showing customers pictures on but for scheduling and recording info i think it would take much longer then just using a pen and paper.

Page generated in 0.04143 seconds with 7 queries